Check availability, rates and book online
Prices from £130/night low season
Prices from £140/night high season
Minimum stay of 2 nights. Check-in days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Friday and Saturday
Please note: Our Shepherds Hut is for 2 adults only.
1 small to medium dog welcome in both Moonbow 1 & 2.
Complimentary Nespresso coffee to use with our Nespresso machine, biscuits, tea, milk and sugar
A good supply of logs, kindle & firelighters are provided for your stay.
This is the Moonbow Escapes website (www.moonbowescapes.co.uk) which is owned by Mike and Sylvia Dart trading as Moonbow Escapes Ltd, Tetcott Barton, Tetcott, Holsworthy, Devon, EX22 6QZ
By purchasing any products (the “Product”) and by using this Website you acknowledge that you have read and you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and Conditions. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Bookings commence at 4 pm on the day of arrival and end at 10.00 am on the day of departure unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
- Smoking is not permitted within the Shepherd Hut. If you smoke outside, please dispose of butts & matches safely in the ash buckets provided.
- Due to the risk of fire please do not use candles inside.
- Please read the Hot Tub rules before lighting or using the hot tub.
- Only seasoned wood to be used in the wood burners, hot tub and firepit. There will be a good supply of logs & kindling, BBQ coal and firelighters. The wood burner should not be kept alight overnight or when leaving for the day. A special metal bin will be provided for all embers/ashes from Woodburners, firepit, BBQ and hot tub. They must be put in here once cool and not anywhere else.
- No pets allowed in Moonbow 1. 1 small to medium dog welcome in Moonbow 1 & 2
- No puppies please, must be over 12 months old. Dogs must not be left alone in Hut.
- Adults only no children
- A contract between you and Moonbow Escapes will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A deposit of 30% of the holiday price is payable at the time of booking. Bookings less than 30 days before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge.
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than 30 days before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- Cancellations and amendments are permitted up to a week before your arrival. Cancellation or amendments less than a week before arrival will be charged at the full amount. For stays cancelled a week or more before the arrival date, you may amend the date or accept a credit note for the value of your stay. This will must be used within 12 months of your original booking.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and the by email.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 2 adults and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the hut. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without a refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 21 years of age.
- We or our representative reserve the right to enter the Shepherds Hut at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you advise us immediately so they can be replaced. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
- Guests agree to leave the Shepherds Hut in the same clean & tidy condition as it was found on arrival. We reserve the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the guest leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The guest may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- All inventory must remain in the property it was in at arrival and not be taken to another property.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- All guests agree to abide by our Noise Management Policy.
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- We the owner accept no liability for any accident, injury, loss or damage sustained by any resident, family, visitors, animals, vehicles or personal effects howsoever caused.
- We accept no responsibility for possessions – including personal possessions in the property, cars/trailers/horseboxes.
- This property is privately owned. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
- No charging of cars is permitted at Moonbow Escapes.
- We are a member of Woodland Champions.
Noise Management Policy
Moonbow Escapes is set in a peaceful rural area of North Devon. We ask for guests that choose to stay here, do so to enjoy the peaceful area. We ask guests to refrain from making excessive noise. Amplified music is not allowed other than a small handheld device or radio.
Any guests that breach our noise management policy will be asked to leave and their booking will be terminated. There will be no refund.
Accessibility Guide for Moonbow Escapes.
See Accessibility Tab above.
Moonbow Escapes cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, epidemics, acts of any government or public authority, changes imposed by re-scheduling of airlines or public transport or any event outside of our control.
However if a cancellation is due to Coronavirus we will willingly rebook at a convenient date, although we need to be notified 24 hours prior to arrival.
• Check out – Check-in starts from 4 pm and departure at 10 am giving us plenty of time for additional cleaning after our usual high standard clean followed by a deep clean to ensure all areas & utensils are sanitised. We understand this may be inconvenient for guests, but it is important that the clean is done correctly and not rushed to ensure your safety.
• On arrival you will self-check-in finding the key in a secure lockbox with a combination code. Your key will be sanitised before you arrive. We request that on checkout you lock the Shepherds Hut and put the key back in the lockbox.
• Before leaving at the end of your stay, please follow the advice below regarding bed linen & empty all bins inside the hut, including the bathroom and put in the large outdoor bin.
• In addition to our standard clean, extra attention will be taken to sanitise high touch areas such as light switches, plug sockets, tv remote controls, handles.
• We have upgraded our cleaning products – A professional standard Antiviral disinfectant is used, which is effective against ‘enveloped’ viruses including Coronavirus and conforms to the European standards BS EN 14475 and BS EN 1276.
• A spray bottle of the disinfectant used will also be left in the hut for guests to use if they wish, along with a hand sanitiser.
Bedding & Towels
• All the linen & towels provided will be washed at a high temperature (60 degrees) and not be used for 72 hours.
• There are two linen bags provided. Before you leave, please place the used bed linen in one bag & the towels in the other.
• The hut has its own private hot tub. These hot tubs, as usual will be fully emptied and cleaned between guests. Therefore, the use of the hot tub is not affected by the current measures. If staying for more 4 days the hot tub will be emptied and refilled by us.
Guests are reminded that illegal file-sharing is not permitted at this property and any violations will be the sole responsibility of the occupant. We endeavour to provide a reliable internet connection to the hut, however, as we live in a rural part of England the signal strength can fluctuate.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
HAVE YOU ANY QUESTIONS?
Send us a message
This accessibility statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services which we offer to our guests and visitors.
We strive to ensure that all visitors can enjoy the accommodation, amenities and surroundings. Our aim is to assist you in any way possible and if you require assistance whilst planning your stay, or while you are visiting us, we will be pleased to help you.
Pre-Arrival & Contact
Moonbow Shepherd Hut provides self-catering huts on wheels. A detailed list of all facilities provided is given on our website and emailed on confirmation of booking. Address and directions are on our website and emailed on confirmation of booking. We can post a copy of this access statement or all our welcoming instructions if required. We offer telephone, email and postal contact with our customers.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities at Moonbow Escapes
The site is accessed via a wooden double gate which leads to a main gravel track. You will need to open and close this gate on arrival. The gravel track is suitable for all vehicles but please note the speed restriction of 5mph. Access to the Moonbow Shepherd Hut is about 100m down the track and situated on your right. Parking is provided for one car only on the site next to the hut, which is gravel.
Moonbow Hut – Access and Entrance
Access is up 4 wooden steps into the Shepherd Hut. Steps will be lit for safe arrival in the evening.
Moonbow Hut – Internal
Kitchen area comprising wood burner, Microwave, gas hob, fridge and butler sink. Toilet, shower and sink behind sliding door to the rear of the hut. There is plenty of space inside as it is a much larger than average hut. Dining table fixed but chairs can be moved from sitting area to dining area. King-sized bed is accessible from one side.
Outside there is a large site for all amenities stoned out with gravel. The hot tub has steps for easier access. There is a covered in BBQ area with outside stove, outside sink, relaxing chairs, dining chairs and table. A fire pit is position outside for safety and must not be moved from its location. Storage space for recycling, wood etc is also provided in this area.
Although we allow access to the wider area, please note that proper footwear must be worn.
With an abundance of flora and fauna the ground can be a bit uneven.